YEAR 9 ROAD PROGRAM "TEENS TALK BOOKS"
AIMS OF THE PROGRAM
The aim of the Year 9 Library program is to:
1) Develop a love of reading and learning by sharing your ideas and responses to what you read with other teenagers.
2) Read 2 "Book club" books, discuss with peers and write on blog.
3)Read a Dystopian Novel
4)Read a teen Winner Novel
5) Write digital book review on our Blog page.
Book Club Discussion Questions
1. What genre would you classify this book as?
2. Did you enjoy the book? Why? Why not?
3. How did you experience the book? Were you engaged immediately, or did it take you a while to "get into it"?
4. How did you feel reading it—amused, sad, disturbed, confused, bored...?
5. How realistic were the characters? Would you want to meet any of the characters? Did you like them? Hate them?
7. Is it like any other book or film you have read/viewed?
6. Would you recommend this book to other readers? To your close friend?
CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW TO SEE AN EXAMPLE OF A COOL WEEBLY WEBSITE
Year 9 BookClub titles
Year 9 General English